Thursday, April 13, 2006

Back in Action

Your arms burn, your ribs are in pain, sweat is dripping your face onto the mat. "Comon! YOU HAVE 30 MORE SECONDS! KEEP IT BURNING!" are the words of your sensei. Your arms are about to give in, you feel the piercing pain in your ribs. Sensei's yelling become a background muffle as you image the pain of an arrow in your side.

Sweat splatters on the floor from your chin. "Is this the pain of the mujahid? Take me to Jannah!" down....up. "SubhanAllah" down....up. "Alhumdulillah" down....................up "Allahu Akbar"

When you thought your arms were going to give, you pumped out 15 more.

What puts you in the zone?

1 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Situation: I've got a mile left. My thighs are aching from riding uphill, my legs still pumping as I stand up into the wind and challenge the steep grade. The bottle was drained nearly two miles back. Just when it feels like I have nothing, my throat is parched and my eyes feeling drier than than the Sahara...

...that is when I think of the young child being comforted by his mother in Bosnaa; he is crying because the Serbs killed his father and he is now an orphan, my Muslim sister a widow before she was 30.

At that point, I dont know which is clenched tighter - my jaws or my knuckles around the handlebars as I press on.

"..wa ma lakum la tuqatiluna feesabeelilah...wal mustad3afeena minar'rijaale wan'nisaa..."

- Keep it up bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home