Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Neo Revelation

What was the reason for my frustration with script writing? Why wasn't able to write out a whole story/plot for the past few days? I didn't know the difference between story and plot.
  • story: the sequence of events in a peice writing, in the order they occur
  • plot: The sequence of events as the author arranges them
For the past week I have been trying to arrange a sequence of events without having a real story, which inturn has lead to my frustration...bleh!

Alhumdulillah, now to move forward.

I identified my problem today, have you identified yours?

5 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" * story: the sequence of events in a peice writing, in the order they occur
* plot: The sequence of events as the author arranges them"

I still fail too see the difference between the two concepts.

By the way, can we still make that movie I wrote the script for; just for fun over the summer? I am talking about the whole film, not just the 10 minute clip I am making for the showdown.

 
At 4/20/2006 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a director can write a script in a week...he's superman. It takes months to write, because a good writer will revise, revise, revise--take things out, put things in etc etc.

It's just like writing a book--an author can't write the whole book in 2 wks (unless they want a crappy book) it takes time and effort...and cohesion coupled with research.

The supposed "greatest" movies, like godfather and scarface (which i've never watched so I wouldn't know) most likely the director did not finish writing everything in 3 months. Probably took a year or two. maybe more.

chill

 
At 4/20/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger AlBaraa said...

who said a person cant write a script in a week? If he really wanted to, he would.

Can a person write a FINAL SHOOTING SCRIPT in a week...highly unlikely. Hed have to eat, drink and sleep script writing, but to have a very rough 1st draft, (that will go through many edits in the future)is very possible...the person truly wants it.

 
At 4/29/2006 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Where Have You Been?

 
At 4/29/2006 9:27 PM, Blogger AlBaraa said...

im still here. Why have i not posted lately? Been busy. I guess ill post one today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home