Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Moving Forward

My father told me an old Indian fable today...

A long time ago in the villages of India, a father visited a holy man so the holy man can pray for his son who is sick. The holy man says, "perhaps there is some benefit in it.." The man now upset, goes back home.

A week later he now has serious problems that is very difficult for him. He goes back to the holy man and tell him his problems. The holy man says, "perhaps there is some benefit in it..." This time the man is pissed off. He decides to kill him.

The holy man in the morning would talk a walk to the woods and meditate every day. The next the father takes his sword and waits for the holy man. After waiting for much time he decides to go to the holy man.

When he arrives he find that hes laying in bed with a broken leg. The father asks, "what happened to you?". The holy man replied, "This morning as I was leaving, I slipped and broke my leg. Perhaps there is benefit in it..."


Perhaps this fable was a forshadowing of what I would face today. I ended up replaceing this blog template after having worked all day on it...perhaps there is benefit in it :-)

As Umar ibn Khattab once said:
"I do not care in what state I wake up in the morning; whether it's good or bad. Because I do not know what is good for me, nor what is bad."

Lesson: Say Alhumdulillah and move forward :-)

-----------------

3x10 Epi-storm -- Day 06
  • 25 Indian Fables
  • 25 High school moments
  • A child that grows up without TV and the adventures he faces

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home