Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blunt

"Who are Muslims to call us mushriks"

"Allah calls you mushriks in the Quran. You believe in the one creator, but you don't worship Him alone."

"Prove to me the Quran is the truth" (Then walks out of the room, because individual realizes they are late for class)


Later that day reading the Quran...

Say: "Who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth"
Say: "It is Allah."
Say: "Have you then taken protectors other than Him, such as have no power either for benefit or for harm to themselves"
- ArRa'd : 16

Allah (swt) has already answered the questions of those who ask.
What answer did you find?

... .. ...... .. ...... .. ...

Cashdea Winner: Event showings of produced videos around different places in USA

Movie Idea 3x10 - Day 01
  1. Documentary on how much non-Muslim students understand or know about Islam
  2. Journey of a man running from death, and another seeking it
  3. Documentary on what Surat AlFatiha is, its relavance to Muslims and, what it means

5 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More 3X10 ideas:
* How do people feel about salafis?
* What does the masjid signify to Muslims?
* Why do desis stink?

 
At 3/29/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger AlBaraa said...

Jazakallahu Khairun for your ideas.

I would like to request that if you have any ideas, then put them in synopsis form as I did.

What you posted were questions. What im looking for is...for example:

"Why do desis stink" can be synopsisized as : "A non muslim converts tries to deal with the cultural baggage of certian muslims when trying to find the truth himself"

 
At 3/29/2006 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like "How do people feel about salafis"

 
At 3/29/2006 5:56 PM, Blogger Amatullah said...

"Documentary on how much non-Muslim students understand or know about Islam"

That's my favorite one mashaAllah, the surah AlFatiha one is good but you know how many books are on that topic (which doesn't de-signify it at all, audubillah)I'm not saying it's 'boring' but its somewhat redundant...wAllahu 'alam, maybe it's just me.
and the death one, seems to me that muslims are aware of death, they know it's coming but they do not want to discuss it and thus are in a state of ghaflah. I think it would be a good reminder, wAllahu 'alam, but again-maybe it's just me but the Qur'an is the best reminder.

Originality is key these days, you don't want to make a documentary that just gets lost among all the other islamic documentaries...you need one that stands out among the ranks of the ordinary. And that's why I think this one is the best, I think our generation is one of serious da'wah...I mean, look at our parents, da'wah seems foreign to them. (mostly because they grew up in a country with majority muslim population or a large population)We're the age of MSAs, Da'wah centers in masajid and the many islamic conferences that come together each year...imagine, your documentary given out in masajid or played at these events.

now that's what I call an accomplishment, fi'sabilillah.

That's just my take on it, istikhara time.

----
oh jeez, can there be one conversation that doesn't include madhabs and sects...please...:-|

 
At 3/29/2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Samireye said...

I really like the documentary idea on Dawah as well. I know Muslims that seem to have a misconception on Dawah as well. I think you should go through with the video. First explaining what Dawah is and whose responsibility it is to give Dawah and then go to random people questioning them about Muslims.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home